Ag Plus Cooperative was formed on August 1, 2019 as a result of a patron approved merger between Farmers Cooperative Association, Lyon County Farm Service & Prairie Pride Cooperative. All three legacy coops have a long history of providing value added service and products in Southwest Minnesota & Eastern South Dakota.
Farmers Cooperative Association was incorporated in April 1930 based in Canby, MN. The bulk petroleum department was established with the purchase of property for a bulk oil station, also a service station was added. The cooperative went into the bulk fertilizer business in 1956. In 1979 the new service station/hardware store was built with card activated gas/fuel pumps. FCA acquired Universal Propane in 1985. In 1995 the fertilizer plant and agronomy office were built. The Canby C-store was remodeled in 1992, which MGT built the Minneota C-Store in 1991 and Ghent C-Store in 1998. In 2001 MGT Cooperative Oil Company (Minneota & Ghent) merged with Farmers Cooperative Association as one company under FCA. In 2006 FCA acquired the former Sterzinger Implement building for an Ag Shop & Seed Warehouse. An additional 7,200-ton fertilizer storage building was built in 2011 and in 2017 a new Crop Protection warehouse and Liquid Fertilizer plant was built.
Lyon County Farm Service was incorporated in October 1947 from a Farm Bureau location. In 1992 a new office /warehouse complex was built in Ghent after the cooperative took over a US Steel fertilizer plant in Minneota. In 2000, an agronomy joint venture was formed with the joining of the fertilizer plants of Hendricks Farmers Elevator and Prairie Pride, this joint venture was dissolved prior to the merger into Ag Plus Cooperative. In 2003 the West Branch (Hendricks) fertilizer plant was built and then in 2016 the newest fertilizer plant in Ghent was built. Lyon County Farm Service has always carried the image of being very strong service orientated with the efficiency to remain profitable and keep good equipment and facilities along with employees that care about the customer.
Marshall Cooperative Oil Company was incorporated in 1924. In 1926 the name changed to Lyon County Cooperative Oil Company to include surrounding communities in Lyon County. As of June 2000, the company began doing business as Prairie Pride Cooperative. Prairie Pride served Marshall, Ivanhoe, Tracy and Slayton areas with refined fuels, bulk lubricants, and propane. They strived to bring their customers quality products along with exceptional service at competitive prices. With two convenience stores in Marshall and one in Slayton. Automotive service stations in Marshall, Slayton & Ivanhoe. U-Haul rentals available at the Marshall Tires Plus location, and Slayton convenience store location. Plus, a Parts City store in Ivanhoe.
1100 East Main Street
Marshall, MN 56258
subscribe for Ag Plus updates